Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Irony, double helping

1.  I finally worked through my guilt and reluctance and worry over giving Sweet pea formula, mixed her up a nice warm bottle... and she spat it out and cried.  We have now tried six different kinds of bottles and three people.  I have two very damp, milk-flavored towels, and no formula in the baby.

2.  I wish to not breastfeed because of severe pain, but have excellent supply and a 15 pound four month old.  My nearby friend with a little baby wishes to breastfeed, by has a low supply.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. That's just awful. I hope that the baby takes the damn bottle with formula soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:39 AM

    Ouch. Sorry. A colleague('s nanny) is using a spoon or cup to feed the baby, because she's not into bottles either. It doesn't exactly sound fast, but maybe worth a try? I also seem to remember that you had a similar problem with one of the boys, but not if that was ever resolved. Hang in there. I hope Sweetpea comes round soon.
    (Also, SB is 15 pounds at over 6 months.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.